"Gaza is in a state of humanitarian shock, due primarily to Israel’s blockade, supported by the US, the EU and Egypt and now entering its 11th year." Sara Roy, Harvard professor who visited Gaza recently and noted there was now a sense of desperation among the population.
This Ramadan, we had to reach out and do more, for more people.
Alhamdulillah the donors have been kind and generous, and this has been a busy and productive Ramadan for our team, and we have provided:
1. Food baskets for 1,570 poor families in Gaza, the West Bank and Southern Turkey.
2. Iftar for 2,000 people at Al Aqsa
3. Zakat distribution to 230 families which some used to provide Eid clothing for their kids.
4. Outdoor iftar party for 60 orphans.
5. Added funds to our Poor Families Box for emergency cases like medical treatment.
6. Provided 300 cans of milk to babies and toddlers at Khan alshieh camp in Damascus, Syria.
Thank you to all who have donated , may Allah bless you with much more in return.
(Quran 2:261 The parable of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah, is that of a grain (of corn); it grows seven ears, and each ear has a hundred grains. Allah gives manifold increase to whom He wills. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower.)